THE TYPICAL SITUATION
I want to be a better leader and learn how to lead
My followers do not understand me
I do not understand the needs of my followers
Leaders are KPI-driven, not people-driven
Leaders focus on weaknesses, not strengths
- Client is a Singapore Charity Organisation
- New leaders want to learn how to be better leaders for their followers, and how they can better engage in them while developing and motivating them
- Some leaders want to know how they can better understand their team members and help them work through their differences
- Other leaders sense a lack of communication and understanding between themselves and their followers
Client contacted us.
We met up with client to better understand their needs.
We customized the program for them.
WE PROPOSED A STRENGTHS BASED LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME
- After analyzing our client's request, we proposed using the CliftonStrengths (StrengthsFinder) tool to engage them
- We focused on Strengths-Based Leadership and helped them discover how they can be effective leaders through their strengths
WE SHOWED THEM HOW TO BE EFFECTIVE LEADERS IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS:
- SELF-AWARENESS: Leaders are self-aware; they know what their strengths are, they know their weaknesses
- SURROUND: The courage to surround themselves with people who are different from them
- FOCUS ON STRENGTHS NOT WEAKNESSES: Focusing on strengths makes weaknesses irrelevant
WE ACHIEVED 4 OUTCOMES
SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"I thoroughly recommend to any leader who wants to improve the level of performance for his team."
I went into the session with StrengthAsia with a degree of skepticism thinking the team needs to focus on the
key business and operational issues.
I came out of the session with a smile, knowing my team more intimately and importantly our joint strengths.
That made for a richer conversation and clearer direction when it came down to focusing on those few critical business priorities.
Michael E Tyler
Vice President, Global Manufacturing and Supply Consumer Healthcare AMA (Asia, Middle East & Africa) GSK
"The professionalism and passion in the field of CliftonStrengths (StrengthsFinder) makes them by far the best coaches and team building provider in the country."
It has been a pleasure and honour to work with StrengthAsia.
Working together with my team during our 1 day workshop was very insightful, brought the team together, provided a platform for open conversations, and a tool for personal growth within our job scope.
General Manager, Audi Singapore Pte Ltd
Katherine T. Hall,
Associate Director Smith College
Executive Director Yong-En Care Centre
Director Global Coaching Services, Product Development Halftime Institute
Currently Semi-Retired Previous Chairman of Zurich Insurance, China, Zurich Insurance Group
Senior Director, Sales Productivity and Effectiveness Visa
Ng Chon Hsing,
Head, Group Regulatory Compliance OCBC Bank
Great job, StrengthsAsia team!
Regional Head, Learning and Development Manager Asia & Greater China Global Luxury Retail
Upon reading the "Strengths Based Leadership" report after completing the set of questionnaire, it was like a eureka moment that uncovered my years of concealed identity to explain the many instances I was misunderstood for the things I said and the way I did them (Strategic & Analytical).
Intuitively, I was aware of my talents and strengths but the 2-days of Strengths-based Leadership Training organised by StrengthsAsia strongly validated the trend of my feelings, thoughts, words and actions.
Now, in communicating with others and leading a team, I am making a conscious effort to clearly explain the rationale of my thoughts and actions (I don't really explain myself enough) lest my intentions are misunderstood.
At the same time, sharing the report with my colleagues has enabled them to constantly remind me of my blind spot (Self-assurance) as well as to tap on my strengths (Self-Assurance, Ideation, Arranger) at the workplace.